Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 17, 2024, 3:26 am UTC    
March 18, 2010 10:10AM
Hi all ...

A (long) while ago I chanced upon some early images of the cross in early paintings (1200 - 1300) and noticed an intriguing fact. Sorry I can't for the life of me find the images in the vast collection of books I have, but I did some other research involving Phi and noticed that in these early images the vertical beam and the horizontal beam were in, as near as I could measure with a ruler, exactly the ratio of Phi. There was more than one but less than say 8 examples of this image.

So today I was looking for a good replacement for Google Earth that would give me a better zoom ratio (couldn't find one by the way) and chanced upon an image of The Vatican (St. Peter's Basilica) that we have all see a million times. However this time I was thinking about those early images and came up with this.

And then go here for a little more info. [en.wikipedia.org]

Phi then and now and always

Best
Don Barone

PS: I have shrunk the image to fit so it will not be the pixels shown but the ratio will remain the same. New pixel count is 558 by 345 = 1.6174

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2010 10:24AM by Ahatmose.
Subject Author Posted

Phi Re-visited during The Renaissance

Don Barone March 18, 2010 10:10AM

Re: Phi Re-visited during The Renaissance

Khazar-khum March 23, 2010 02:19PM

Byrd March 23, 2010 04:37PM

Warwick L Nixon April 01, 2010 11:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login