Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 17, 2024, 4:38 pm UTC    
July 11, 2009 03:21AM
Hello all,

The owner of the unfinished Northern pyramid at Zawyet el-Aryan is unknown. Some Egyptologists date the pyramid to the III dynasty and believe it belonged to Nebka or Neferkare, but Lauer, Margioglio and Rinaldi, and Stadelman consider it IV dynasty. In this case it either belonged to Bikka or Baka, Baufre, or Djedefhor. Quoting Verner “The Pyramids”:

“For example, large blocks were used, whereas in the Third Dynasty smaller blocks were used. The large pink granite blocks in the burial chamber also indicate that the structure was built in the Fourth dynasty.”

I decided to take a look at what happens if using Google Earth we draw a circle which crosses all three main Giza pyramid center base points. In other words we create a triangle with each corner representing a pyramid at Giza – Khufu’s, Kafre’s and Menakure’s. Then there is only one circle we can draw which encloses this triangle. When doing this I discovered something astonishing. This circle crosses over the unfinished pyramid of Baka at Zawyet el-Aryan! So whoever thought of erecting this pyramid had a very good idea of the general Giza plan – at least as Khufu – Kafre pyramids are concerned. Therefore we can confirm that this structure is probably IV dynasty. It makes more sense that construction started either after Kafre’s pyramid was built, or after Mankaure’s pyramid was built. If it is III dynasty then this would mean that all Giza pyramids were built around it.

Here is the Google Earth pic:

Now I have just been reading Temple’s very nice book “The Sphinx Mystery”. In the Golden Angle of resurrection chapter he refers to something pointed out by Robert Ballard in his book “The Solution of the Pyramid Problem or, Pyramid Discoveries with a new theory as to Their Ancient Use” John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1882. I quote from page 431:

“Among the many views Ballard sketched, and for which he meticulously recorded the bearings, was the striking one, where the optical illusion is created of the small pyramid of Mycerinus (in the left foreground) merging and becoming one with the larger pyramid of Chephren directly behind it, appearing as a kind of red plug in its corner, with the edges and bases of the two separate pyramids perfectly coinciding so that they look like one pyramid.”

Robert then points out that using Ballard’s bearing one can see that it is equal to 180 degrees(South direction: North for ancient Egyptians) plus his “golden angle” of tan^-1(1/2) or 26.565 degrees. Temple in his book documents how this angle is related to ancient Egyptian beliefs regarding resurrection. He then concludes (I quote):

“The line runs toward the Fayyum, but it does not appear to strike anything in particular. This line is deeply puzzling, and perhaps it means nothing outside the Giza Plateau context itself.”

I tried testing this using Google’s 3D feature at Giza but it did not work out. The direction seems totally different. Of course Google’s coordinates - intentionally or not -are not always accurate so we cannot tell. Here I show what Ballard is describing:

The line on the ground is the actual golden angle direction.

Now as one can see in my first pic while creating this “golden angle” direction leading to Menkaure’s centre base position, I found that it is perpendicular to the line uniting Menkaure pyramid and the center of the circle shown! This is the four 4th dynasty pyramid circle! In the same pic I have depicted Scott Creighton’s Giza Centroid Alignment point.

See here for a diagram on that theory:

[www.scottcreighton.co.uk]

So even if the illusion mentioned is not related to the golden angle this golden angle still exists and relates to the greater Giza plan.

So why did I use the GGT point? Well it seems that as one can see in the next pic, this point ties in with the Layer pyramid at Zawyet el-Aryan. Thus keeping the same centre circle position and increasing it’s radius up to the Layer pyramid we have - see below:

As seen the GGT point is very close to falling on this circle. With the help of this circle and the “golden direction” already set out we can spot the point where it intersects this circle. What we notice is that near this position we find a strange rectangular formation on the sand. Could it mean something? I don’t know.

Best regards…

Ogygos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2009 03:36AM by Ogygos.
Subject Author Posted

The IV dynasty circle of resurrection

Ogygos July 11, 2009 03:21AM

Re: The IV dynasty circle of resurrection

Clive July 12, 2009 02:01AM

Ogygos July 12, 2009 07:48AM

Warwick L Nixon July 12, 2009 12:40PM

Ogygos July 13, 2009 01:10PM

Clive July 12, 2009 01:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login