Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 2, 2024, 12:09 am UTC    
October 01, 2008 06:41PM
Hi John. Very interesting as usual.

I don't know if you are aware of the "Divine Plan of the Ages" chart which is still circulated in some pseudo christian sects.

[www.godsplan-today.com]

[www.watchtowerinformationservice.org]

*** Watchtower April 15, 2002 "Two Pastors Who Appreciated Russell’s Writings" ***
In 1891, Charles Taze Russell, who did outstanding work among true Christian worshipers of Jehovah, visited Europe for the first time. According to some reports, during a stopover in Pinerolo, Italy, Russell met Professor Daniele Rivoire, a former pastor of a religious group called the Waldenses… In 1903, Rivoire translated Russell’s book The Divine Plan of the Ages into Italian and had it printed at his own expense… In the book’s forward, Rivoire wrote: "We place this first Italian edition under the Lord’s protection. May he bless it so that, in spite of its imperfections, it may contribute to magnify his most holy name and encourage his Italian-speaking children to greater devotion. May the hearts of all those who, by reading this book, appreciate the depth of riches, wisdom, and knowledge of God’s plan and love, be grateful to God himself, by whose grace publication of this work has been made possible.

…Another Waldensian pastor who esteemed Russell’s publications was Giuseppe Banchetti… The authorized Italian edition of Russell’s Divine Plan of the Ages was published in 1905. Bachetti wrote an enthusiastic review of the book…"For us", wrote Banchetti, Russell’s book "is the most illuminated and sure guide that any Christian may find to undertake a profitable and blessed study of Holy Scripture… As soon as I read it, it seemed as though scales fell from my eyes, that the way to God was straighter and easier. Even apparent contradictions for the most part disappeared. Doctrines once difficult appeared simple and perfectly acceptable. Things hitherto incomprehensible became clear. The admirable plan of the world’s salvation in Christ appeared before me with such awesome simplicity as to induce me to exclaim with the Apostle: O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!"

Will post more soon.

Dave.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 06:54PM by Dave L.
Subject Author Posted

Never make predictions - particularly about the future...

Jon_B October 01, 2008 02:22PM

Re: Never make predictions - particularly about the future...

Hermione October 01, 2008 02:37PM

Jon_B October 01, 2008 02:54PM

Hermione October 02, 2008 03:08AM

Dave L October 01, 2008 06:41PM

Millenariansim and Millenarian sects:

Dave L October 01, 2008 06:46PM

Re: Millenariansim and Millenarian sects:

Jon_B October 02, 2008 11:42AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login