Authors
Web Links

May 2, 2024, 9:59 pm UTC    
October 13, 2023 01:29PM
> "Seth was never associated with Mars. Horus was,
> yes. Seth, no"
>
> [donbarone.altervista.org]

In what way does that link demonstrate a supposed association between Seth and Mars?

Well maybe because the question posed was "Who is the god of WAR AND DEATH and the answer given was Seth. That was my big clue. and this quote helped as well

see also this:

"In what way does your link, about an ancient connection between Thoth and Mercy, mean that there can have been no association between Thoth and the moon - especially as you go on to say "Thoth of course The Moon"? See Hart 214."

And I am pointing out that Thoth was associated with both The Moon and Mercury and this is obvious as both can be useful in measuring time and the solar system and as I have pointed out many times that is what he is inscribing. It is not unusual for a deity to be associated with more than one planet.

As per this quote:

"In Mayan mythology, Venus was often represented as the male deity known as Kukulkan or Quetzalcoatl."

And from Wiki we have this:

Quetzalcoatl is a deity in Aztec culture and literature. Among the Aztecs, he was related to wind, Venus, Sun, merchants, arts, crafts, knowledge, and learning. He was also the patron god of the Aztec priesthood. He was one of several important gods in the Aztec pantheon, along with the gods Tlaloc, Tezcatlipoca and Huitzilopochtli. The two other gods represented by the planet Venus are Tlaloc (ally and the god of rain) and Xolotl (psychopomp and its twin).

Note here that he is both The Sun and Venus. The twin gods are obviously referring to Venus being the morning star and the evening star and this is also found in other cultures and Egpyt as well:

The internet also suggests this:

What is Quetzalcoatl god of?
Quetzalcoatl was an Aztec and Mayan creator god, who was also the patron of rain, science, agriculture, and much more. His name means Feathered Serpent in Nahuatl, the Aztec language, and he was depicted as a combination of the green quetzal bird and a serpent. He was also often depicted with: a conical hat.

But it also says this about Venus:

And finally since Seth was in charge of war and disease and it says this about Mars in Roman mythology a case can be made, other than your scholarly find on Doctor Who.

And does it not seem just a bit strange to you that most (maybe all) of the early Gods were heavenly gods and to have the planet Mars only in charge of the desert seems underwhelming at least to me. More than likely his association with red was not because of the desert but because he (Mars itself) was red.

But then what do I know. As I mentioned not as clear cut as some would like.

db

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db
Subject Author Posted

The Planets in Ancient Egypt

Hermione October 06, 2023 02:12AM

Re: The Planets in Ancient Egypt

Ahatmose October 08, 2023 09:54AM

Byrd October 12, 2023 01:02AM

Ahatmose October 12, 2023 09:55PM

Hermione October 13, 2023 06:33AM

Ahatmose October 13, 2023 01:29PM

Byrd October 13, 2023 02:31PM

Hermione October 12, 2023 01:41AM

Ahatmose October 08, 2023 10:03AM

engbren October 15, 2023 11:33PM

Hermione October 16, 2023 03:02AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login