Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 27, 2024, 9:24 am UTC    
February 22, 2021 05:12AM
Thanks. There's an interesting story behind this. An editor who is a professional archaeologist brought the article to my attention and I started to research it. I could tell immediately that this "AAA"
was bogus as it had no web presence except its website, None of the other sources in the article even mentioned the scarab. Looking at the editor who created the article and who used a paper he'd written for this website as a source, I discovered that although sort of hiding his name by changing it slightly he had created two articles on Wikiipedia, an autobiography and an article on some sort of Creationist "Institute" he had founded. Those articles had already been deleted as not meeting our criteria, but as an Administrator I can read deleted articles. So I had a creationist editor and a fake source. I then went to the Fraudulent Archaeology Wall of Shame Facebook page with what I knew, and others there such as Carl did their own research. The article had a short deletion discussion and the editor also asked for it to be deleted, saying that the AAA was a scam and he'd been taken in by it. I don't believe him but it was a happy ending for Wikipedia.

Doug Weller

Director The Hall of Ma'at
Doug's Skeptical Archaeology site::
[www.ramtops.co.uk]
Subject Author Posted

An evaluation of the "Netert Mudat Egyptian Scarab Map"

Paul H. February 21, 2021 11:41AM

Re: An evaluation of the "Netert Mudat Egyptian Scarab Map"

DougWeller February 22, 2021 05:12AM

Hermione February 22, 2021 01:16PM

Hans February 22, 2021 10:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login