Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 18, 2024, 11:41 pm UTC    
May 12, 2020 05:50AM
Obviously his conceptualization of ancient artwork suggests a sub-conscience constant existed in the placement of people, places and objects throughout history... because he apply's the same methodology with more modern works he's suggesting a natural or innate occurrence of composition is a human condition. Its an interesting approach but what little I have read (available online) is limited in its premise and scope, that is to say his methodology of determinations in my view are not clearly established as a foundation of cause and outcome... additionally the patterns or 'lines' connecting everything in the Nehken tomb 100 art, that he has composited, don't recognize the three largest elements... the boats. And, as we have all seen here before, theorists sometimes leap without any understanding or knowledge of the subject, I can't find anything that relates to predynastic Egyptian culture in his analysis, nor does he show this 'patterning' with subsequent dynastic artwork. I'm not comfortable with his work.

Best,

BAHokom
Subject Author Posted

I seek opinions on this piece of AE art analysis

Hans May 11, 2020 01:04PM

Re: I seek opinions on this piece of AE art analysis

Hermione May 11, 2020 02:14PM

Pistol May 12, 2020 05:50AM

Hans May 12, 2020 05:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login