Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 12, 2024, 7:19 pm UTC    
February 17, 2008 02:41AM
I have been trying to finish my analysis of G1's so called "queens chamber" so I can post it up here, a lingering question I can't find a difinative answer for regards the use of plaster on the chamber walls and cieling. Obviously over time the SAE/SCA has done work to "patch" walls and cracks here and there, from the looks of it I can see three possibly four different types of plaster used in the chamber. Does anyone know how many "repair" with plaster jobs have been done within the chamber and a rough idea of the dates they were done? Also, was the chamber originally plastered by the pyramid builders? There is a fine older looking plaster that covers the seams of the west and east walls where they meet the roofing stones and appears to cover most of the cieling stones in patchy areas. Petrie gives no information nor can I find a reference by anyone else, Lehner states that the walls were built of fine limestone but were never 'dressed' down, concluding that the chamber was never finished and was sealed off. Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

B.A. Hokom
Subject Author Posted

Queens Chamber

Pistol February 17, 2008 02:41AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login