Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 28, 2024, 12:49 am UTC    
November 25, 2007 12:30PM
While I was surfing through Youtube looking at various videos, I finally had an ah-ha experience. I started looking at various people videos of AE tombs. Most of them are sort of so what. But they're amazing in their own way. No junk narration. No long drawn out shots of the sun rising over the GP, just plain old videos of people walking and walking and walking down one of the VOK's tombs hallways. At that moment I realized how big these tombs really are, how incredible the paintings are. Other people were climbing through the red pyramid etc. Even thought their amateurish, strangely they're far more informative than just about anything I've seen. There's no editing, no voice over narration telling me what I already know. So what I'm wondering is how many members have videos of AE sites and would be willing to load them up to Youtube? I've already seen more old AE than I've seen in the coffee table books. In addition to that how many future tourists would like to take videos of their travels and load them up to Youtube? This might be the long hoped for revolution in documentaries instead of waiting for years to see a documentary of AE it would be instantly and continuously as hundreds maybe thousands of people take short videos load them up to youtube and scholars/amateurs/tourists can view them at their leisure.

Food for thought.
Subject Author Posted

Thoughts on looking at Youtube

Rick Baudé November 25, 2007 12:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login