Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 5, 2024, 10:54 pm UTC    
October 18, 2007 02:47PM
I answered a question by Anthony in a thread lower down but it's relevant here as well and might get lost anyway.

Anthony asked about the number of blocks used in the chamber. >Isn't it exactly 100? If you leave out a seam, doesn't that make it 99?<

mmm... this gets complicated...

Smyth has an error in his drawing in "Our Inheritance in the Great Pyramid" where he introduces an extra joint on the South Wall but he correctly states the total as 100 blocks on the side of the drawing. Lepre copied his drawing and states there are 101 blocks because he counted the error rather than the written total.

HOWEVER Smyth's data in "Life and Work" which consists of charts of measurements, which I used to draw my plans, gives 100 blocks and as far as I've been able to check using my photos this is correct.

M&R's drawings introduce an extraordinary extra joint across the massive block above the entrance but as they also miss the joint on the West Wall they also show 100 blocks but with incorrect drawings.

And then there's Dormion. He doesn't follow M&R with the error over the entrance but he does miss the block on the West Wall so that makes 99. Or it would except that he seems to show one block on the South Wall as split by a vertical crack rather than the joint everyone else shows so if that is the case that makes 98. I'm still checking on that one.

Hope someone was following all that...

Jon
Subject Author Posted

The King's Chamber and the mystery of the missing joint...

Jon_B October 17, 2007 02:17PM

Re: The King's Chamber and the mystery of the missing joint...

C Wayne Taylor October 17, 2007 03:13PM

Re: The King's Chamber and the mystery of the missing joint...

Anthony October 17, 2007 04:44PM

Repost from other thread

Jon_B October 18, 2007 02:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login