Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 6, 2024, 8:09 am UTC    
October 15, 2007 02:30PM
Katherine,

I love these kind of detailed answers when someone who is unfamiliar with the depth and bredth of Egyptology ask such simple questions, like "has it been translated?".

In fact, this exact question, I think from this exact same poster about 5 years ago, led me to write an article on this subject. I don't see where the article is on my new site, though.

In it, I described a visit I made to Saqqara. I was off trudging through the desert out beyond the Step Pyramid, when I happened upon a partially excavated tomb. It was silent. The only sound was the wind on the sand. As I stepped around the corner of the tomb entrance, sitting there in a plain wooden chair was a young blond man, probably in his early 20's. He was busy transcribing the hieroglyphic inscriptions off a wall of the tomb. I had no idea what nationality he was, but he barely looked up when I entered. When he did, I said just one word. "Thesis?". He responded with an equally simple "yes", and went back to his transcribing.

The idea that walls of any such temple, tomb or structure as the Osirieon could have gone centuries without being translated is indicative of the misinformation given out by the "alternative historians" who seem to enjoy misleading people about the nature and extent of our knowledge of the culture that built these amazing monuments.

Thank you for upholding the excellent tradition of proper Egyptology.

Anthony

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him think.
Subject Author Posted

Hieroglyphs on the Osireion

Don Barone October 12, 2007 10:22AM

Re: Hieroglyphs on the Osireion

RLH October 12, 2007 05:56PM

Katherine Griffis-Greenberg October 13, 2007 08:52AM

Anthony October 15, 2007 02:30PM

Jon_B October 15, 2007 01:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login