Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 8, 2024, 10:52 pm UTC    
September 15, 2007 11:39PM
Kat:

From Wikipedia… (Moderator's note: [en.wikipedia.org])

1) “…In Egyptian mythology, Seshat (also spelt Sesat, Sesheta, and Seshata) was originally the deification of the concept of wisdom, and so became a goddess of writing, astronomy/astrology, architecture, and mathematics. As goddess of writing, she was seen as a scribe, and record keeper, and her name itself means (she who) scrivens (i.e. she who is a scribe). When Thoth also became a god of wisdom, Seshat was identified as Thoth's daughter, or variably as his wife….”

Note, to this point in history, Seshat relates to the sciences and the keeping of records…including astronomy.

It continues…

2) “…In art, she was depicted as a woman, with a stylised papyrus plant above her head, symbolising writing, since the Egyptians wrote on a material derived from papyrus. The plant, her symbol, was shown having 6 spurs from the tip of the central stem, making it resemble a 7 pointed star….”

This point explains the symbol above her head from an artistic perspective/assumption by those who probably knew/know little of time keeping and the sciences. The statement is also incorrect when referring to the six leaves and one branch…there are seven leaves and one branch…all equally spaced…representing the full eight count of a circle.

It continues…

3) “…After the association with Thoth, who had originally been a moon god, the stylised papyrus was shown surmounted by a crescent moon, which, over time, degenerated into being shown as two horns arranged to form a crescent shape between them. When the crescent symbol had degenerated into the horns, she was sometimes known as Safekh-Aubi, meaning (she who) wears the two horns…”

Notice that “over time” the Moon (relating to visual astronomy) was placed over the circle of seven points (the points relate to count and recording of astronomy), but over time it “became” two horns…(a transition or digression from the original concept).

In total…the first segment of the Wikipedia quote above holds true; the creation of the goddess Seshet represents wisdom, science and recording. The balance explains how the ancients drifted from the original concept.

Sooooo…the eight count is relevant to the original cause…it is significant…and if you were aware of what occurs every eight Earth years then you would automatically realize its significance. It was a "world-wide" ancient religious celebration !!

Is is the completion of the realignment cycle shared between Earth and Venus...the only two planets in our solar system that share integer orbital ratios...!
Eight (8) Earth orbits equls 2922 days and that equals thirteen (13) complete orbits of Venus (2921.1 days).

I have a book somewhere around here that illustrates the alignment perfectly. I'll copy and post ASAP for you to visualize what I'm saying. It should jog your memory re several ancient Egyptian sites.

BTW…I'm curious...didn’t the Egyptians write in columns...not rows?

Best.
Clive

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2007 09:27AM by Hermione.
Subject Author Posted

Seshat equals 8

Clive September 13, 2007 10:40PM

Re: Seshat equals 8

Katherine Griffis-Greenberg September 15, 2007 05:51AM

Clive September 15, 2007 11:39PM

Hermione September 16, 2007 09:30AM

Katherine Griffis-Greenberg September 16, 2007 03:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login