Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 8, 2024, 9:41 pm UTC    
September 06, 2007 12:21AM
According to Petrie's survey, the end of the great pyramid entrance passage is 286 inches east of the east-west midline of the pyramid. Petrie also gives 286 inches north of the north-south midline for the end of the sloping roof of the entrance passage and the beginning of the horizontal subterranean passage. Thus, the end of the sloping entrance passage is equally distant to the north and to the east of the center of the pyramid.

According to Petrie's survey, the platform on top of the pyramid, as extended to the calculated outer edge of the casing, was 286 inches from the center for the north side and 291 inches from the center for the east side. Thus, the end of the sloping entrance passage underneath the pyramid is directly below the north-east corner of the platform at the top of the pyramid.

I added this info to a webpage I opened with some other info about the entrance passage that I posted in an earlier thread. Here is the URL:

[home.hiwaay.net]

PS - The roof of the horizontal subterranean passage from the beginning of the passage to the north wall of the large chamber on the east side of the door is 330 inches. The horizontal passage from the edge of the great step to the north wall of the king's chamber is also 330 inches. 330/20.625 = 16 cubits. The NS length of the subterranean chamber is also 16 cubits, so the north wall of the chamber divides the passage/chamber in half. The NS length of the king's chamber is 10 cubits so the north wall of the king's chamber divides the passage/chamber in the ratio of 1.6/1, arguably another example of the phi ratio in the pyramid. The sloping distance from the beginning of the floor of the ascending passage to the top of the sloping floor of the grand gallery at the bottom of the step is precisely 160 cubits, or 10 times the length of the two short horizontal passages.
Subject Author Posted

great pyramid from top to bottom

Jim Alison September 06, 2007 12:21AM

Re: great pyramid from top to bottom

Jon_B September 06, 2007 01:29PM

Re: great pyramid from top to bottom

Jim Alison September 13, 2007 12:05AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login