Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 5, 2024, 5:33 am UTC    
July 28, 2007 12:12PM
Hi Jon,

Thank you very very much for these and I must say I'm really pleased with the results.

I too have drawn up the Great Pyramid to scale using Petrie's measurements and I have superimposed my scale drawing (to fit) over what you have just sent using the transperancy function - and its near-on perfect.

I make the angle between the south corner edge (SE) and the centre of the King's Chamber 23.6 degrees. I also make the angle between the tip of the apex and the King's Chamber 6.4 degrees. 23.6º + 6.4º = 30º.
If I'm correct, which it looks as if I am, then the apex appears to represent the Great Pyramid on earth - i.e., being its closest position from the ecliptic. If so, and seeing as everything lines up really well and on the N S orientation, then the King’s Chamber represents (symbolically) the core-centre of the earth.

I shall explain:

Using English feet, the Great Pyramid is said to be 481 feet high by 756 feet wide.

Using a professional computer art programme, we draw a rectangle using simple decimal units - i.e., a rectangle of '481' x '756'.
We find that the angle of 51.84º fits nicely from the two base corners to the apex in this drawing.

Using the sides of the rectangle we will now divide the left 481 pt side into 16 measured lengths - each of which comes out at 30.0625 pt. We then divide the 756 pt base into 32 measured lengths of 23.625 pt each.

Note that if we subtract 23.625 pt from 30.0625 pt we get 6.4375 pt.

Using the same values we will now change these decimal points into angles - i.e., 23.625º . . . 30.0625º . . . 6.4375º

Taking our 2D picture of the pyramid within this rectangle of 481 x 756 pt, if we now
1,) draw the angle of 6.4375º beginning from the apex of the Great Pyramid and then drawing it down and inward to the left,
2) draw the angle of 23.625º and begin this angle from the bottom left corner (SE corner) of the Great Pyramid and draw it upward and to the right, then amazingly the point where these two angles cross each other is where we will find the centre of the King’s Chamber when we superimpose our scale drawing of the GP in cross section! over the rectangle of 481 pt x 756 pt – i.e., showing the internal chambers looking towards the west.

Let's now round these figures off to 30º . . . 23.6º and 6.4º .

We find that the Great Pyramid is almost 30º from the equator and comes as close as 6.4º, or now 6.5º to the ecliptic plane as the earth rotates due the earth now being tilted at 23.5º
The apex or capstone represents the Great Pyramid on the earth and so the Great Pyramid is pointing to its own location being 30º from the equator and 6.5º from the ecliptic.

Still working on this . . .

[www.freewebs.com]

Best wishes,
Gary
Subject Author Posted

A couple of illustrations for Gary

Jon_B July 28, 2007 03:40AM

Re: A couple of illustrations for Gary

GaryOsborn July 28, 2007 12:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login