Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 12, 2024, 5:22 pm UTC    
June 16, 2007 09:44PM
"I'd like to request for [Katherine] to post 1 message on an egyptian god per week? Or a topic of her choosing?" -- Rich
"Be careful what you wish for: you just might get it, Rich." -- Katherine Griffis-Greenberg
-- I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Katherine for posting her wonderful article on Neith.

There is a wonderful community here of Egypto's (People who love Egypt and are very knowledgeable about it).

Through my researching of Egyptology on the Internet... I have come to the realization that over 50% of the information that is easily accessible on the internet is attributed to Budge. This has left me personally with a corrupt knowledge of Egypt. I suspect that some other people who love egypt, and would like to learn more... may be having similar problems.

There are many great NEW books on Egypt, and Katherine and others have listed these for me in the past. However, I would like to help us create a community here of learning and shared information... where not everything has to be a proof of a brand new theory.

Katherine has been kind enough to share one of her brilliant articles with us. It is an example of what an "ideal article" looks like... however, I don't want anybody to think that they MUST live up to her standard. My initial suggestion of asking Katherine to post some information on Egypt, on a regular basis... would inherently seem to create an evironment of "Ask The Expert", where she is the expert. Although this would be fine with me, I don't want to create an undue burden on her; This would not be fair to her; any information she chooses to share with us is generous and more than enough.

Katherine isn't the only expert here, though. There are many other brilliant people here... who are more knowledgeable than Budge. You know who you are. Please, post some topics and information on Egypt that you would like to share. Like info on a god... or old kingdom vs. new kingdom... or a pharoah... or whatever.

Egyptian Mythology is my particular area of interest, and I would like to create a topic called "Egyptian God of the week". This week, it is "Egyptian God of the Week - Neith", and Katherine has provided us with wonderful information.

Before this topic disappears (off the first page)... I suggest using the rest of the topic for "Topic Requests".

Anybody can participate... just "list a bunch of topics" here that you would like to learn more about... and eventually somebody on the forum will get around to posting some information on it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2007 10:00PM by rich.
Subject Author Posted

Creating a Forum for Learning!

rich June 16, 2007 09:44PM

Re: Creating a Forum for Learning!

Byrd June 18, 2007 12:14PM

Jammer June 18, 2007 01:54PM

Alcibiades June 23, 2007 03:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login