Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 29, 2024, 5:00 pm UTC    
March 17, 2019 05:36PM
The alternos brandished the Hiawatha crater with great glee when it was first announced in November. Martin Sweatman asked me snarkily if I was upset at having my world view turned upside down. Heh. I think he should wait until the crater is dated before getting snarky. BUT - even if Hiawatha were eventually shown to date to the end of the Pleistocene, it still wouldn't be evidence for the Lost Civilization/Atlantis, as these guys seem to think.

A further joke: Sweatman insists that the alleged YDIH impacter was Taurid cometary debris, that Gobekli Tepe was devoted to tracking the Taurids, that all ancient religions were obsessed with comets and the fear of another YDIH-type catastrophe. His entire hypothesis hangs on the Taurids and comets. But all indications are that the Hiawatha impacter, whenever it came down, was an iron meteor (possibly related to the Cape York iron meteorite and others in the area), which means it was certainly not cometary debris. For me, that pretty much absolves the Taurids. grinning smiley

The Tepe Telegrams site is an amazing resource; kudos to the Gobekli Tepe team for making all that stuff available online.
Subject Author Posted

Hiawatha Glacier Crater, Gobekli Tepe, and the Younger Dryas

Paul H. March 17, 2019 10:17AM

Re: Hiawatha Glacier Crater, Gobekli Tepe, and the Younger Dryas

Rebby March 17, 2019 05:36PM

Re: Hiawatha Glacier Crater, Gobekli Tepe, and the Younger Dryas

Hermione March 17, 2019 05:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login