Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 4, 2024, 7:37 pm UTC    
August 08, 2005 07:14PM
Sue wrote:

>>I think the problem has more to do with sexism than anything.

Who's sexism? The women who are always telling men what they should do, or the men who are insensitive to their needs? Hiding

Kidding aside, I didn't need a study to tell me that my brain reacts differently to a woman's voice than a man's. The question is, what are the significant ramifications?

I beleive it's clear that men and women differ in many significant ways, and those differences include complex social behaviours and characterstics such as speech and thought patterns (don't ask me what thought patterns are, I just made it up).

The sexism problem arises when an individual person's skills or value is ignored (or worse) just because of their sex. But that doesn't mean that all people are equally skilled, or that all cultures should be equally valued, or that men and women don't have significant differences other than just the physical ones.

Peski cool smiley
"Marge, don’t discourage the boy! Weaseling out of something is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson
Subject Author Posted

Why men don't listen to women very well....

kenuchelover August 08, 2005 02:42PM

what a load of..

Sue August 08, 2005 04:59PM

Re: what a load of..

Peski August 08, 2005 07:14PM

Re: what a load of..

Jon K August 25, 2005 09:44PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login