Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 8, 2024, 9:45 pm UTC    
June 02, 2005 08:43PM
> 1) Because seeing as how it's criminal that humans HAVE already driven some species to
> extinction, ARE driving countless others in the same direction, AND the Tasmanian devils
> occupy a vital (scavanger) role in the local ecology....

Fascinating! I am also curious how you feel about all the other species that were driven towards 'extinction' before humans?

> .....I'd consider it criminal to NOT save a species when we have the ability to do so.

OK. What about when a species is extinct by nature, do you also consider that to be 'criminal'?

> 2) Besides, White settlement of Tasmania has already decreased TD numbers & put
> pressures on them. They'd have stood a better chance of surviving this on their own
> if the settlers hadn't interfered with them over these last few centuries (aboriginal
> Tasmanian humans coexisted with them peacefully for tens of thousands of years).....

Well, nature always re-balances itself one way or another. In my opinion, if the TD's are suppose to become extinct, they will become extinct one way or another. I am sorry, but I do not believe in changes!!!

> so it's only fair that we give them an assist, seeing as how we'd (speaking as a fellow
> human here, that is) already given them the boot a few times.

I agree with that, I am not against assistance either, specially since humans already interfered as you say. However, please note that many foreign predator species do interfere with other native ones and many times do take over. That is how it goes in Nature...

wirelessguru1
Subject Author Posted

Tasmanian Devils in trouble....WEIRD cause!

kenuchelover June 02, 2005 02:50PM

Re: Tasmanian Devils in trouble....WEIRD cause!

wirelessguru1 June 02, 2005 06:22PM

kenuchelover June 02, 2005 07:09PM

wirelessguru1 June 02, 2005 08:43PM

kenuchelover June 03, 2005 01:32PM

wirelessguru1 June 03, 2005 02:36PM

kenuchelover June 03, 2005 07:38PM

wirelessguru1 June 03, 2005 08:55PM

kenuchelover June 03, 2005 10:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login