Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 24, 2024, 8:24 pm UTC    
May 16, 2005 02:51PM
lol, laura..hee hee. I don't know why the media didn't pounce on these kind of geological stories earlier. I think all the media about them right now has more to do with St. Helen's resurregence of activity as well as the Indonesian quake/tsunami. At least the information being globally news worthy. I am originally from the Pacific NW and the local government has tried to educate the public living there in regards to potential dangers and tips to help survival (though my guess is if you're in Portland during a megathrust, you're out of luck tongue sticking out smiley). Volcanic risk factors based on location, earthquake survival kits and "what to do" lists.

I know, "cascadia megathrust earthquake" sounds kind of funny. You know, I'm not even sure why they call it cascadia because I could've sworn that the plate that has these quakes is the Juan de Fuca plate. Maybe cascadia is the plate that gets the most damage? lol I dunno...been too long and can't remember. smiling smiley

Stephanie

In every man there is something wherein I may learn of him, and in that I am his pupil.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Subject Author Posted

US Volcanoes Rated for Potential Danger to Public

Paul H. May 15, 2005 10:37AM

Re: US Volcanoes Rated for Potential Danger to Public

Stephanie May 15, 2005 11:57PM

laura May 16, 2005 02:48AM

Stephanie May 16, 2005 11:15AM

laura May 16, 2005 02:16PM

Stephanie May 16, 2005 02:51PM

laura May 17, 2005 02:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login