Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

June 1, 2024, 5:24 am UTC    
July 04, 2005 10:05AM
I just wanted to add another information. there are temples built by other rulers, perhaps the those who ruled mallai after pallavas.

There are temples depicting merging of Saivam and Vaishanavam.

Kaali is the female goddess given significant importance in structures.

Sacrificial rituals are depicted in some structures.

I have been to the top of the ancient light house used during pallavas time. I have photos of the light house.

I have no clue why on earth the structure depicting "water flowing/coming to the earth, in the witness of gods, men in heaven, saints, people, and animals" is called "arjuna penace". It looks like a beautiful water feature to me. I went to the top of that structure, there is a perfect water way to allow water to flow through, as if it is really happening.

there is a similar another water feature stands unfinished. there are several several unfinished rocks. some rocks in the very begining stage with just the face of the rock prepared!!!!!

It looks as if the plan was to create an entire town like this.

it amazes me how that shore temple survived this tsunami!!! obviously it survived something similar long time ago when the other one went beneath the sand. shore temple stands below today's ground level, almost similar to the the temple that is being
excavated.

I observed the "wave breaking" thing. It does happen at one particular place everytime!!! true, waves break before reaching the shore at one particular location everytime. I have pictures, but I am not sure they are good enough to give us an idea about the distance from shore. i am very poor in judging distances, that too looking at sea from shoresad smiley.

cheers.
prema
Subject Author Posted

new temple discovered at Mallai

premalatha balan July 03, 2005 07:08AM

Re: new temple discovered at Mallai

premalatha balan July 04, 2005 03:29AM

John Wall July 04, 2005 03:57AM

premalatha balan July 04, 2005 09:51AM

John Wall July 04, 2005 09:53AM

premalatha balan July 04, 2005 09:49AM

John Wall July 04, 2005 09:58AM

premalatha balan July 06, 2005 07:43AM

premalatha balan July 04, 2005 10:05AM

Matilda July 12, 2005 01:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login