Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 6, 2024, 8:39 am UTC    
February 24, 2005 03:37PM
At the international level and in professional games , there is no questions that the size of the goals should be checked on a regular basis ; and that both goals should be exactly 8 yards across by 8 feet high. However , having refereed close to 1000 games I have never measured or been asked to measure the goals . It was never mentionned during the many referee 's meetings that I attended and a measuring tape was (is?) not on the list of items that a referee carried . If one team had mentionned that one of the goals was bigger than the other we would play the game and I would make a report to the league who would decide if the result stood or that the game should be replayed ( I was provided forms to fill in case of field problems )
To tell you frankly , at the amateur level , I would be surprised to learn that half of the goals have the exact measurements !

Could be that Liverpool might be the only english team in the champions league quater finals !

Robert LaFrance

A peasant must wait a long time on a hillside with his mouth open , before a roast duck flies in . Chinese proverb
Subject Author Posted

Zimbabwe shifts the posts

John Wall February 24, 2005 06:54AM

Re: Zimbabwe shifts the posts

Robert LaFrance February 24, 2005 03:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login