Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 4, 2024, 2:07 pm UTC    
May 28, 2018 12:12PM
Here is a standard quote taken from Wiki ...

[en.wikipedia.org]

" ... At the end of the twelfth century al-Malek al-Aziz Othman ben Yusuf, Saladin's son and heir, attempted to demolish the pyramids, starting with Menkaure's. The workmen whom Al-Aziz had recruited to demolish the pyramid stayed at their job for eight months, but found it almost as expensive to destroy as to build. They could only remove one or two stones each day. Some used wedges and levers to move the stones, while others used ropes to pull them down. When a stone fell, it would bury itself in the sand, requiring extraordinary efforts to free it. Wedges were used to split the stones into several pieces, and a cart was used to carry it to the foot of the escarpment, where it was left. Due to such conditions, they could only damage the pyramid by leaving a large vertical gash in its north face.[5][6] "

Here is a picture from Wiki ...

[upload.wikimedia.org]

Now I ask you ... if you were starting to demolish a stone pyramid ... WOULD YOU START IN THE MIDDLE ? I mean really just how dumb was this guy ? No I would think he was enlarging a passageway looking for something.

Cheers
Don Barone

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2018 12:41PM by Hermione.
Subject Author Posted

Speaking of Tall Tales ...

Don Barone May 28, 2018 12:12PM

Re: Speaking of Tall Tales ...

Khazar-khum May 29, 2018 06:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login