Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 21, 2024, 12:32 pm UTC    
July 22, 2005 12:26PM
A few months ago I came across a book about the 100 worst "moments" in television history. Unfortunately I didn't buy it and I'm no longer sure of the title, but I do remember the following.

Among the items was The Great Vegtable Revolt episode of the Lost in Space TV series. In this episode a giant carrot plots to take over the universe, and Dr. Smith is turned into apiece of Celery. Yes it's even more stupid than it sounds.

The series The Flying Nun is also in the list. It was so bad that Sally Field got pregnant to get out of it. It also nearly destroyed the ability of anyone to take her seriously as an Actress.

Another worst "moment" was Richie Cunninghams Elder brother on Happy Days, who suddenly disapeared completly without explanation.

Of course the episode Spock's Brain on the original Star Trek makes it if only for the line "Brain and Brain. What is Brain!".

The "winner" for the worst "moment" of TV was of course the Star Wars Christmas special. Not available on DVD, Video but treasured by Star War fans as a unbelievable atrocity. No words can do it justice only a viewing of a bootleg copy can bring this horror to life.

My own list of worst moments in TV history include.

The "Which one of you three bitches is my mother", episode of the Lace mini series.

The entire Frasier TV series.

George's fiance dies of toxic shock licking wedding invitations episode of Seinfeld.

Pamela's "Dream" episode of Dallas, which turned a entire season of Dallas into Pamela's dream and insulted the fans.

The Moldova Massacre episode in the Dynasty TV series. Never was a massacre so tasteful, and the beatiful people manage to keep their perfect makeup and clothes utterlly unmussed while being machinegunned.

For Canadians there is The Trouble with Tracy TV series.

I could go on. But I wonder what people think is/are the worst TV moment(s).

Pierre
Subject Author Posted

TV Worsts

Pacal July 22, 2005 12:26PM

Re: TV Worsts

John Wall July 22, 2005 12:41PM

Anthony July 22, 2005 01:30PM

Roxana Cooper July 22, 2005 04:47PM

John Wall July 22, 2005 06:03PM

Roxana Cooper July 25, 2005 09:43AM

Peski July 25, 2005 04:56PM

Katherine Reece July 25, 2005 05:03PM

Warwick L Nixon July 26, 2005 10:41AM

Stephanie July 26, 2005 11:42AM

Roxana Cooper July 28, 2005 04:56PM

Katherine Reece July 28, 2005 04:59PM

Anthony August 18, 2005 02:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login