Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 20, 2024, 1:13 pm UTC    
November 28, 2007 01:30PM
Hi all, i don't know if you guys know about this, but i think it might be an issue worth raising. Recently i've been trying free up some space on my primary hard drive largely because i noticed i kept losing space for no obvious reason. It was then i came across an issue with my Temporary Internet Files folder. Thing is, i always check my Temporary Internet Files folder to free up space, and i've limited the amount of space used for the folder to 50mb....This morning, i right-clicked the folder and discovered, to my astonishment, that the folder was about 4.56GB large! The contents however was made up of very small files and cookies, so it didn't really add up. After googling for some answers, it turned out that there was a well-hidden folder in the Temporary Internet Files folder entitled "content.ie5" and it contained a copy of nearly every .flv (youtube) file, streaming video etc. etc. that i've watched for the past months. It's also a much more detailed record of my browsing history, with nearly every webpaged i've visited saved. For some reason the computer is automatically saving all this info. as separate cache to the normal temporary internet files. It also hides the folder and offers few options for its deletion. Anybody know why it does this and whether a manual deletion will affect my computer? Many thx

Dar
Subject Author Posted

Computer Question

darkuser November 28, 2007 01:30PM

Re: Computer Question

Peski November 28, 2007 01:48PM

Re: Computer Question

Jammer November 30, 2007 11:14AM

the for the replies...

darkuser November 30, 2007 06:28PM

Re: the for the replies...

MJ Thomas November 30, 2007 09:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login