Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 26, 2024, 2:26 pm UTC    
December 10, 2012 12:07AM
In Temple XIX at Palenque the Maya recorded a flood that occurred around 3300 BC, nearly 200 years before the start of the present Mayan calendar cycle in 3114 BC. According to the accounts in their historical chronicles known as the Chilam Balam, this flood was described as an "avalanche of water" and was accompanied by fire, rocks and other debris that rained down from the sky. All of these accounts are consistent with an oceanic impact event of comet fragments.

I decided to look for physical evidence that such an event really did occur and wasn't simply "mythical" as most Mayan scholars believed. I soon found a wealth of evidence that multiple tsunamis occurred in 3300 BC from Australia to the North Atlantic and British Isles. There was also a major climate downturn at this time as well, another signature of impact events.

So it does appear that there was a major bombardment of earth around the end of the last Mayan calendar cycle. Luckily it didn't occur on the very last day of that cycle; instead, nearly 200 years prior.

I discuss my findings here:
[therealmayanprophecies.com]

Gary Daniels
Author, "Mayan Calendar Prophecies: Predictions for 2012-2052"
Creator, LostWorlds.org, TheRealMayanProphecies.com
[www.LostWorlds.org]
[www.TheRealMayanProphecies.com]
Subject Author Posted

Comet impact near the end of the last Mayan calendar cycle

Gary Daniels December 10, 2012 12:07AM

Re: Comet impact near the end of the last Mayan calendar cycle

Gary Daniels December 10, 2012 02:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login