Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 19, 2024, 6:17 pm UTC    
September 25, 2001 06:44PM
<HTML>As I said before -- and I don't care who bites my head off for it around here -- the Egyptians should use geopolymerized rock to really protect the monuments. I saw at Ian Blease's board that MM put up a post on the potential for monument rescue with geopolymers, and nobody seemed to care about the potential of the materials for saving the monuments. The whole thread is loaded with nothing other than challenges to the theory itself, instead of putting such issues aside to focus on what's really important as the thread intended -- making impervious rock at room temps with Egypt's own resources as Dr. D. does -- in this hour of truly desparate need.

I now also advocate geopolymeric repair because of the unprecedented properties of this rock but get childish insults in return on this board like, "Do you work for them?" Disgusting.

Anyone who cares about what happens to the monuments that need underground rock barriers injected into the ground beneath them to protect them from water and salt, etc. should check out the properties of this manmade rock at the geopolymer web site. Cracks can be sealed and impervious blocks and mortars can protect tombs from flash floods and so much more.

Sandy</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

Egypt working to save and restore its past

Katherine Reece September 25, 2001 12:24PM

Re: Egypt working to save and restore its past

Sandy J. Perkins September 25, 2001 06:44PM

Greg Reeder September 26, 2001 10:07AM

Don Holeman September 26, 2001 12:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login