Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 4, 2024, 9:36 am UTC    
September 15, 2001 01:01PM
<HTML>Hi,

I’d like to share with y’all a bit of wisdom that was drilled into me and my sisters and brother from the time we were babies.

If you panic, you’re lost.

During WWII and after my Father served in the Underwater Demolition Teams (UDT) in the Navy. He and his fellow servicemen had very dangerous jobs handling explosives underwater and often in the early days they did this wearing little more than swimming trunks. They had to learn to be extremely careful.
If you panic, you’re lost became their mantra.

Growing up Daddy used that phrase with us in every situation from broken legs to broken dolls, there was no situation too large or too small that that phrase didn’t make us stop and think. Panic and loss of reason were always the enemies. Even his grandsons learned the phrase and began to finish it for him.

Daddy is gone now, but I know if he were here and watching what is going on in the world today he’d stand up and say: If you panic you’re lost.

There are many tough decisions that Americans and everyone throughout the world are going to have to make in the coming years. In many ways we are going to have to come closer together and not allow this to break us down into little groups. We must all stick together and we must all remember: if you panic you’re lost

Kat , daughter of William T. “WaterTight” Southard</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

If you panic, you're lost

Katherine Reece September 15, 2001 01:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login