Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 4, 2024, 9:14 am UTC    
September 14, 2001 11:42AM
<HTML>Jameske -

[Thanks for correcting me below on the history and status of my own homeland. Glad you cleared that up for me.]

Here's some stuff on Bin Laden to think about, out of his own mouth:

"This is difficult to understand, especially for him who does not understand the religion of Islam. In our religion, we believe that Allah has created us for the purpose of worshipping him. He is the one who has created us and who has favored us with this religion. Allah has ordered us to make holy wars and to fight to see to it that His word is the highest and the uppermost and that of the unbelievers the lowermost. We believe that this is the call we have to answer regardless of our financial capabilities.This too answers the claims of the West and of the secular people in the Arab world. They claim that this blessed awakening and the people reverting to Islam are due to economic factors. This is not so. It is rather a grace from Allah, a desire to embrace the religion of Allah. And this is not surprising. When the holy war called, thousands of young men from the Arab Peninsula and other countries answered the call and they came from wealthy backgrounds. Hundreds of them were killed in Afghanistan and in Bosnia and in Chechnya."

The full interview, a chilling read, is <a href="tp://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/who/interview.html">here</a>.

You can really see that Bin Laden's mindset is rational, and reasonable, and easily dealt with.

Garrett</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

Bin Laden

jameske September 13, 2001 05:50PM

Re: Bin Laden

Garrett Fagan September 14, 2001 11:42AM

Re: Bin Laden

jameske September 15, 2001 04:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login