Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 27, 2024, 10:10 pm UTC    
March 24, 2022 01:51PM
So I'm not the only reader totally confused by that article? I mean what the HELL do the battle of Kadesh and Rameses' inarguable ego have to do with the Exodus narrative?
As anybody who reads the standard Kadesh narrative can readily see a young and inexperienced Rameses got himself and the advance guard of his army into an untenable situation redeemed in his own eyes by the valor he displayed by fighting like mad until rescued by the rest of his army. Rameses was immensely proud of that 'victory' because he was proud of the prowess he had personally displayed and published the story on temple walls all over Egypt. There's no mystery about it.
While there is plenty of evidence for Semitic nomadic peoples drifting in and out of Egypt over its entire history there is no AE record of an Exodus. As a Jew I am perfectly comfortable with treating the biblical account as more parable than history. All one can say for sure is an Egyptian background for some of the tribes that eventually made up the Hebrew people is not impossible and that we know for certain, from the so called Israel steal that the nation of Israel existed in some form in late 19th dynasty times and was considered dangerous enough an enemy for it's defeat to be worth recording.
Subject Author Posted

Egyptologists, Biblical Scholars, and The Exodus

Hermione March 12, 2022 08:45AM

The accuracy of the biblical account of the Exodus (once again)

Hermione March 12, 2022 08:46AM

Re: Egyptologists, Biblical Scholars, and The Exodus

Hermione March 12, 2022 08:47AM

Byrd March 12, 2022 12:10PM

Roxana Cooper March 24, 2022 01:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login