Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 19, 2024, 4:02 pm UTC    
February 11, 2018 12:41PM
I believe them when Native Americans say they remember giant floods:
[offbeatoregon.com]

I believe Native Americans when they say coyote stories are old, but thousands of years after the Missoula Floods there were floods that dwarfed those remembered in the late 1800s and those were "megafloods" floods also and easily confused with older events. When was coyote born? I want to know a date, not a faded memory.

Cherry-picking a few biased Oregon anthros, where acceptance of their sites isn't universal (and again, no formal site reports) amounts to nothing more than run-a-muck reverse political correctness and suggesting everyone agrees with Jenkins, Davis, O'Grady etc. is nonsense.

[www.tandfonline.com]
"If criticisms are chronically suppressed or dismissed, combative partisans
of opposing interpretations begin an unproductive era of verbal head-butting.
(Gary Haynes PaleoAmerica 2015)."

Another flaw in the paper. She ignores where Native Americans disagree amongst themselves where their own verbal histories conflict with each other before Europeans arrived, she can't blame that on mean old Columbus, he hadn't gotten here yet. So coyote has a better memory of past events than roadrunner, since when? Even when oral events of the past were written down, like Noah's Flood, memories failed over time and are difficult to prove.

[aardvarchaeology.wordpress.com]
"Mark Johnson says:
22 November, 2011 at 07:54
Common stupidity is when one takes a partial view of a situation and acts as if it represents the whole situation."

Subject Author Posted

Oral History of Missoula Floods

Paul H. February 10, 2018 10:28PM

Re: Oral History of Missoula Floods

Lee Olsen February 11, 2018 12:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login