Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 9, 2024, 7:13 am UTC    
April 05, 2015 10:40AM
This was last discussed I think at [www.hallofmaat.com]. I've just seen a report on this which you can read at [www.sciencedirect.com] "The Cinmar discovery and the proposed pre-Late Glacial Maximum occupation of North America" byMetin I. Erena, b, , , Matthew T. Boulangera, c, , , Michael J. O'Briena, The paper concludes;

"Until clearly and reliably addressed, the gravity of the discrepancies and factual inaccuracies presented above indicates that there is no evidence that the stone blade and the mastodon remains were associated or where exactly either was originally discovered. Going further, given the reported inconsistencies in the blade's history, there is no confirmable evidence currently available that demonstrates that it was even dredged up by the Cinmar. Thus, even in the event that the same, original underwater mastodon site is eventually empirically proven to be re-located at some point in the future, this re-discovery would not provide context for, or validate, the stone blade's association with it."

Doug Weller

Doug Weller

Director The Hall of Ma'at
Doug's Skeptical Archaeology site::
[www.ramtops.co.uk]
Subject Author Posted

Solutrean hypothesis and the "Cinmar" find

Doug Weller April 05, 2015 10:40AM

Re: Solutrean hypothesis and the "Cinmar" find

Lee Olsen April 05, 2015 12:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login