Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 12, 2024, 7:10 am UTC    
Alex Bourdeau
July 24, 2001 02:17AM
<HTML>Kat,

You may thank (or damn) John Wall for my presence. He was kind enough to send me the URL via email.

As "we" are making a new start, I would like to see this MB focus on the fundamental nature of science. We cannot disprove the existence of a Lost Civilization. We can only place it in the box I call Not Likely. When we do that, we can then explore the box I call Show Me. If you think the AE's did this because of that, then tell me why you think so. I will then process your idea through what I know from facts known and human nature observed to decide if I support your idea or reject it. I will always tell you why I support or reject said idea.

Do not argue from authority or assumption, I will often catch you if you do (I have a pretty damned good BS radar - years of trying to convince geologists, I guess . . . ).

I am wrong exactly half the time [years of being wrong (write for the data!)] and right half the time (well, at least the peer reviewers thought so! [write for their comments]).

I am not an Egyptologist, I am very proudly a dirt archaeologist. I dig holes and tell my boss and my audience what I found. My boss says "Cool, now what about this?" My audience says, "COOL!" (I use terms like argilliturbation - some people are easily impressed!) And I love what I do and what I know. I have been filing away esoteric information for years and now the Net (thanks to folks like you) has set it free. The nuns would be proud!</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

A nice start . . .

Alex Bourdeau July 23, 2001 11:46AM

Re: A nice start . . .

Anthony July 23, 2001 11:53AM

Katherine July 23, 2001 12:19PM

Alex Bourdeau July 24, 2001 02:17AM

Chris Hale July 24, 2001 10:38AM

Vapid Fanzine?

Anthony July 24, 2001 07:28PM

Re: Vapid Fanzine?

John Wall July 25, 2001 06:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login