Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 24, 2024, 4:43 am UTC    
December 21, 2022 05:41PM
Hi all this really isn't usual fair for this site but it does tie into my statement is that Phi rules and that those who design things have used it since, well I claim since time began. However as further proof of my belief is my latest transition into the world of automobiles. I have always loved the 53 to 59 Chevies and apparently so did the public as the 55 Chevy was the, and still is, (relative) the all time number 1 selling car. As is my want in life I decided to find out if their was a reason I and they loved it so much.

Here is the result of that study

The 57 Chevrolet Bel Air:

The 55 Chevrolet Bel Air

hood ornament:

The 53 Corvette:

The 53 Bel Air:

The 58 Bel Air Impalla

and lastly The 59 Bel Air

The point of this exercise is that all through our lives (AND HISTORY) Phi has been used. We only have to look for it. It is in virtually everything and the succesful designers have used it cleverly.

As a note here so far none of the other car manufacturers of the 50's have used Phi.

I am in tentative talks with Gary Meisner who has written a book on Phi and I am trying to talk him into doing another one with what latest things we have discovered through history. [www.goldennumber.net]

Cheers

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db
Subject Author Posted

Examing the geometry of the great buildings of the wolrd, past and present as well as a few other things thrown in. Just remember ... Phi Rules

Ahatmose April 20, 2021 11:25AM

Sorry posted before finsihing the thought . here is an addendum

Ahatmose April 20, 2021 12:43PM

The Palatine Chapel · Aachen, Germany

Ahatmose April 20, 2021 01:49PM

Re: The Palatine Chapel · Aachen, Germany some links

Ahatmose April 20, 2021 01:53PM

Re: Examing the geometry of the great buildings of the wolrd, past and present as well as a few other things thrown in. Just remember ... Phi Rules

Ahatmose May 15, 2021 08:06PM

Re: Examing the geometry of the great buildings of the wolrd, past and present as well as a few other things thrown in. Just remember ... Phi Rules

Ahatmose December 15, 2022 06:50PM

Re: Examing the geometry of the "Great Chevy Cars of The 50's"

Ahatmose December 21, 2022 05:41PM

Re: Examing the geometry of the "Great Chevy Cars of The 50's Correction"

Ahatmose December 22, 2022 06:31PM

Phi in The 23rd Century

Ahatmose January 01, 2023 09:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login