Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 19, 2024, 12:34 am UTC    
April 20, 2021 12:43PM
Okay so having worked in furniture for many years I soon realized that some pieces looked great others were a disappointment. Now we know why.

Blame it on Phi.

But now to my theory that it is inherent in us. That we create things with Phi without even realizing it and this is one example I studied and really was quite astounded by the results of my finds.

There is a game I am sure we have all played and it simply Darts.

"Modern darts was invented by a carpenter from Lancashire named Brian Gamlin in 1896. However the history goes back much farther. Darts began as a military pastime originating in England during the medieval era in the first couple of decades of the fourteenth century."

It is said that darts dates from Medieval Times and is over 700 years old ... here for more details: [darthelp.com]

The question I have is have you ever looked at the dart board and realized just how pleasing and symmetrical and calm the board looks ? Well here is an image of a board to refresh your mind.

Now be honest, this thread is about Phi. How Many of you see it ?

Enjoy my study of The Dart Board ...

Now we have a problem. The numbers have been checked and are correct but are we to suppose that Brian Gamlin, being a secret student of phi, decided to incorporate it into the modern dartboard. I doubt it more likely that it was just the most pleasing arrangement he could come up with.

another look:

But there is one more place I found it and I think this merits comment.

I was sitting at the table and we had taken a large old oak clock off the wall and it was it laying off to the side of the table and I sensed that it would tell me more than just the time so I decided to measure it.
'
Here is that study. I couldn't find my original so I did a new one. It will work on any clock.

So did the secret inventor of the clock knowingly incorporate Phi into the design. Well in this case if could be but regardless it is there, plain as day for anyone to check.

And just one final one before we move on to building ... We have all scanned or printed an image on our foolscap and it is said it is 8 1/2 by 11 but is it really ?

It is actually 279 by 215 and before we do the math remember that The Wood Pentagram is 4.854102 by 3.708204 and we get 1.309017. The actual size is 279 / 216 gives us 1.291666 and reasonably close to Phi and pleasing to look at.

and my favorite ...

db

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db
Subject Author Posted

Examing the geometry of the great buildings of the wolrd, past and present as well as a few other things thrown in. Just remember ... Phi Rules

Ahatmose April 20, 2021 11:25AM

Sorry posted before finsihing the thought . here is an addendum

Ahatmose April 20, 2021 12:43PM

The Palatine Chapel · Aachen, Germany

Ahatmose April 20, 2021 01:49PM

Re: The Palatine Chapel · Aachen, Germany some links

Ahatmose April 20, 2021 01:53PM

Re: Examing the geometry of the great buildings of the wolrd, past and present as well as a few other things thrown in. Just remember ... Phi Rules

Ahatmose May 15, 2021 08:06PM

Re: Examing the geometry of the great buildings of the wolrd, past and present as well as a few other things thrown in. Just remember ... Phi Rules

Ahatmose December 15, 2022 06:50PM

Re: Examing the geometry of the "Great Chevy Cars of The 50's"

Ahatmose December 21, 2022 05:41PM

Re: Examing the geometry of the "Great Chevy Cars of The 50's Correction"

Ahatmose December 22, 2022 06:31PM

Phi in The 23rd Century

Ahatmose January 01, 2023 09:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login