Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 19, 2024, 6:48 am UTC    
April 11, 2021 04:26PM
While I was working on the cloth jig saw puzzle I was also trying to find out if anyone had ever done a systematic drawing or study of ,The Tabernacle and was very surprised that even among religious circles the evidence was at best sketchy. Oh a few drawings had been done but as far as measurements and such it was completely lacking. So as usual I decided to do it myself. I had heard that a scale model had been on display once at 100 Huntley Street, quite near to my home, so i decided to wander on down and see if they had at least took a picture of it but it was a dead end. As usual they looked at me as if I was yet again on "the good stuff". So I turned to the only source available ... The Torah (Bible) and once again it was to Exodus I looked.

Okay as usual more instructions ...

Exodus 26 verses 15 to 18

15 And thou shalt make boards for the tabernacle of shittim wood standing up.

16 Ten cubits shall be the length of a board, and a cubit and a half shall be the breadth of one board.

17 Two tenons shall there be in one board, set in order one against another: thus shalt thou make for all the boards of the tabernacle.

18 And thou shalt make the boards for the tabernacle, twenty boards on the south side southward.

Now what is really interesting here is that it is almost impossible to visualize and so it came as a start to me when I did as instructed and followed the instructions.

But to this was added these instructions:

26 And thou shalt make bars of shittim wood; five for the boards of the one side of the tabernacle,]

27 And five bars for the boards of the other side of the tabernacle, and five bars for the boards of the side of the tabernacle, for the two sides westward.

28 And the middle bar in the midst of the boards shall reach from end to end.

29 And thou shalt overlay the boards with gold, and make their rings of gold for places for the bars: and thou shalt overlay the bars with gold.

30 And thou shalt rear up the tabernacle according to the fashion thereof which was shewed thee in the mount.

Here is what it showed ...

Full size image ... [imagizer.imageshack.com]

Now when we move into Exodus 27 at verse 09 we start with a description of the outer reache sof the construction.

09 And thou shalt make the court of the tabernacle: for the south side southward there shall be hangings for the court of fine twined linen of an hundred cubits long for one side:

10 And the twenty pillars thereof and their twenty sockets shall be of brass; the hooks of the pillars and their fillets shall be of silver.

11 And likewise for the north side in length there shall be hangings of an hundred cubits long, and his twenty pillars and their twenty sockets of brass; the hooks of the pillars and their fillets of silver.

12 And for the breadth of the court on the west side shall be hangings of fifty cubits: their pillars ten, and their sockets ten.

13 And the breadth of the court on the east side eastward shall be fifty cubits.

14 The hangings of one side of the gate shall be fifteen cubits: their pillars three, and their sockets three.

15 And on the other side shall be hangings fifteen cubits: their pillars three, and their sockets three.

16 And for the gate of the court shall be an hanging of twenty cubits, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, wrought with needlework: and their pillars shall be four, and their sockets four.

17 All the pillars round about the court shall be filleted with silver; their hooks shall be of silver, and their sockets of brass.

18 The length of the court shall be an hundred cubits, and the breadth fifty every where, and the height five cubits of fine twined linen, and their sockets of brass.

Okay following those instructions this is what we end up with ...

North and South Walls:

The West Wall

Well that only leaves the East and I guess that makes sense for a direction on which to enter. Now pay attention closely to the description given for the measurements of this side. It is different than all the others ...

As you can see the entrance is plainly on the east side.

In my opening post I alluded to a full size scale model of this tabernacle being found in Egypt in plain site and now I am going to show it to you if you haven't already figured it out for yourselves. It is of course The Sakkara Complex and it's dimensions mimic The Tabernacle as found in Exodus almost, well no exactly in a 1 to 2 ratio.

Observe these comparative images ...

According to Lauer in this image ... the ratio is indeed 1 to 2

It is obvious that the resting place of The Ark of The Covenant is situated almost exactly where The Step Pyramid falls in the Sakkara complex.

It is my contention that the image I posted for The Tabernacle is in error and that it shows the cloths on the outside while I feel it should be on the inside and hence the outside would almost certainly look like the present structure .

So there you have it, In Exodus as described to Moses he has just built The Sakkara Complex . The similarities are too close to be a coincidence and it would appear that Moses is meant to represent Djoser and the person giving the instructions ... well that was "God" but it may well have been Imhotep as well.

db

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db
Subject Author Posted

Djoser as Moses AND Joseph and Imhotep portayed in legends as "God"

Ahatmose April 10, 2021 11:11AM

Re: Djoser as Moses AND Joseph and Imhotep portayed in legends as "God"

Ahatmose April 10, 2021 05:40PM

The numbers in Exodus reveal more of their secrets

Ahatmose April 11, 2021 10:51AM

The Taberncale according to the instructions given by "God" in Exodus, The second of The Five Books of Moses or The Pentateuch

Ahatmose April 11, 2021 04:26PM

Addendum to the above.

Ahatmose April 11, 2021 08:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login