Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 24, 2024, 12:16 am UTC    
March 30, 2021 07:14PM
Hi all. As I was looking at this image of mine I suddenly had a realization. According to me the entire plateau was based on square roots. But why were square roots so important to The Ancient Egyptians ? I am going to post a YouTube video on a gentleman solving the square root of 2 according to what he claims is The Babylonian method. In the video he calculates the square root of 2 correct to 4 places in a matter of seconds. Here is the video

[youtu.be]

You have to wonder why they stopped teaching us this method.

I have a couple of questions why would the square root be important to them and do you think they knew that the square root of 5 in a triangle of sq rt of 2 and square root of 3 being the other two sides yielded a 90 degree angle ?

Would this not in a round about way prove that they knew the theorem of "a" squared + "b" squared= "c" squared long before Pythagoras.

Anyway the reason it jumped into my head is that I have returned to The Giza Plateau and am trying to prove the north - south distances..

[imagizer.imageshack.com]

And of course we can not forget the double remen which is based on this self same square root of two

"The length of the double remen was equal to that of the diagonal of a square with each side measuring one royal cubit. " taken from this website ... [www.touregypt.net]

db

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db
Subject Author Posted

A Trans-generational plan at Giza

robin cook July 09, 2014 09:17AM

Re: A Trans-generational plan at Giza

Don Barone August 19, 2015 02:54PM

Re: A Trans-generational plan at Giza

Ahatmose March 25, 2021 11:30AM

Re: A Trans-generational plan at Giza - A clearer image

Ahatmose March 26, 2021 03:25PM

Ahatmose March 30, 2021 11:44AM

Ahatmose March 30, 2021 07:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login