Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 16, 2024, 8:24 pm UTC    
May 23, 2021 08:13PM
Good lord I find myself agreeing with of all people John Wall.

Yes the correlation theory was junk from the moment it was first printed. I am always amazed that it got as much press as it did even to the extent of suggesting The Pyramid of Menkarre was in the wrong place. However he sure made a lot of money off of it and milked it for all it was worth but it is rubbish plain and simple and always was.

I always wonder and think about how and why it got as much press as it eventually did. Were we that starved for an alternative answer to Egypt's history ? The fact that he is a brilliant writer probably had a lot to do with it but it wasn't sloppy research because I don't think he ever did his own. Even today he is just regurgitating past opinions and thoughts of others.

Clive Ross, who most of you know, now deceased, told me on our one and only meeting that when he was in Egypt taking measurements for his book, Zahi Hawass was extremely pleasant to him and looked the other way as he was taking measurements of The Cult Pyramid of Kahfre and other key measurements he needed for the book he was planning to write. He told me, and I have no reason to think he lied to me, but have no way of proving it is true either, that he went over his version of how The Orion belt stars fit into the over all Orion layout on Giza which in his version included all of the stars of the Orion constellation with Zahi Hawass in his office, He told me that in the next room and possibly within listening distance was, he thought, Robert Bauval. This is all hearsay evidence but I think that is why the Orion Theory never fit. It was never supposed to be about simply the belt stars matching the three pyramids. In Clive's version there was much more to it. I have tried several times to get permission to release parts of the book but have been unsuccessful reaching his son who said he was going to go ahead with the plans for a documentary that Clive had been planning but I have heard nothing in quite a few years. If what Clive told me is true then it might explain why the theory did not fit because it is not the correct theory and not the correct way Orion is supposed to fit into the design at Giza..

Anyway we all know that horse has died and to top it off that wasn't even the first time that scenario had been suggested.

db

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db
Subject Author Posted

Orion Correlation Theory: Is it really upside-down? Is it falsifiable? (R. Bauval)

Hermione February 27, 2021 04:40AM

Re: Orion Correlation Theory: Is it really upside-down? Is it falsifiable? (R. Bauval)

Hermione February 27, 2021 04:45AM

Re: Orion Correlation Theory: Is it really upside-down? Is it falsifiable? (R. Bauval)

Ahatmose May 23, 2021 08:13PM

Ahatmose May 23, 2021 08:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login